Effective Date: Oct. 1st, 2016
Personal Information Defined
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, Eat Well Nashville will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, Eat Well Nashville may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. Eat Well Nashville uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
Personal Information Eat Well Nashville Collects
Eat Well Nashville collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily. Creating an Account requires You to provide Eat Well Nashville with Your name, e-mail address, dietary preferences, and password of Your choice. After registering You may provide Eat Well Nashville with additional information about You as You use the Services such as:
- physical addresses
- telephone numbers
- other personally identifiable information You affirmatively provide to us
- When You contribute posts and reviews, participate in Eat Well Nashville surveys (either directly, or through third party service providers), or provide any other Content to the Services through other means, Eat Well Nashville will collect all the information You provide. If You exchange messages with others through the Website, Eat Well Nashville may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them. In connection with reviews, posts, and surveys, Eat Well Nashville (and/or its third party service providers) may collect a wide variety of product- and vendor-related information on an optional basis. Please be aware that while some pieces of information that You provide to Eat Well Nashville would not be sufficient to identify You when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that You have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users to identify You.
- When You contact Eat Well Nashville by sending Eat Well Nashville an e-mail or when You use any of our contact forms, Eat Well Nashville will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) Your e-mail, text message, or that You enter into such forms.
Eat Well Nashville does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 13. Do not sign up for an Account if You are under the age of 13 and do not provide Eat Well Nashville with any information regarding any individual under the age of 13.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to Eat Well Nashville, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
Eat Well Nashville uses the Personal Information that it gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, to fulfill Your orders, and for other customer service purposes, which may include communicating with You via email
- To tailor the content and information that Eat Well Nashville may send or display to You, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize Your experiences while using the Website or the Services
- For customer loyalty programs
- To share with website affiliates, and/or vendors of products you have expressed interest in as a means of establishing communication between both you and such vendors or affiliates.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, Eat Well Nashville may use Your information, such as Your email address, to send You news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information Eat Well Nashville thinks may interest You. Eat Well Nashville also may use the information that Eat Well Nashville learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use the Website and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve the Website and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
One of the purposes of the Services is for Users to share product- and vendor-related information with other Users. Therefore, You should assume that any information (including any Personal Information You may choose to provide, but excluding Your registration information) that You post will be made available to other Users of the Services. Eat Well Nashville may provide You the ability to anonymously post certain comments, in which case Eat Well Nashville will not include Your contact information (i.e., name, username, email address, or postal address) on the Website in connection with such comments. However, You should know that Eat Well Nashville’s internal records may associate Your contact information with such comments.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Legal Obligation to Disclose
Changing Personal Information
You may change Your Personal Information (i.e., email address) by logging into Your Account and editing Your Account information. You may also request that Your Account be terminated and that Your Personal Information be deleted by sending us an email. Any termination of Your account may involve deletion of Your Account information from Eat Well Nashville’s live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. Eat Well Nashville will not have any liability whatsoever to You for any termination of Your account or related deletion of You information.
On occasion Eat Well Nashville will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. Eat Well Nashville may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, Eat Well Nashville will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual reader information.
Links to Other Web Sites
- DISCLOSURE: Eat Well Nashville may have affiliate marketing agreements set up with a portion of the products mentioned in blog posts or other pages on the site. If a user clicks through to a product from EatWellNashville.com and makes a purchase, Eat Well Nashville may be entitled to a portion of the revenue generated from this purchase.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Contacting Eat Well Nashville